We depend on great volunteers to help our faculty in the classroom as well as our staff during office hours. These individuals make all the difference in creating a meaningful Kidznotes experience for all of our students. We welcome volunteers in high school or above, and from any area of expertise.
There are 3 easy steps to become a volunteer with Kidznotes:
- Attend one of our Volunteer Orientations in Durham or Raleigh (CLICK HERE for DETAILS).
- Complete the volunteer registration and background check with either DPS or WPCSS.
- Review and sign our volunteer expectations and bring with you on your first day of volunteering.
Once you’ve completed these steps, Kidznotes will follow up with you to confirm your first day with us. Not tech savvy? No problem! Please call the office, we’ll help you.
- Ushers and Greeters at events
- Kidznotes Ambassadors: The Kidznotes Ambassador will represent Kidznotes at events and programs hosted for and/or by Kidznotes. Your duties will include, but are not limited to, passing out fliers, collecting contact information from potential donors and signing individuals up for our e-newsletter and other Kidznotes correspondents.
- On-site volunteers at the Raleigh and Durham Nucleo: Your duties will include working with the on-site coordinator and teaching staff. You will be responsible for helping with registration, monitoring the classroom, monitoring and serving snack, monitoring the hallways and bathrooms and helping to unload the bus.
- Teaching Volunteers: Your duties will include assisting the teaching staff with instruction time or instructing a class as needed.
- Nucleo Administrative Assistant: Your duties will be to assist the Program Director as needed.
- Office Administrative Assistant: Your duties will be to assist in the Kidznotes main office. These duties include answering the phone, filing, writing thank you cards, picking up mail, passing out fliers and delivering instrument donations to the Nucleo.
- Volunteer Grant Writers: Your duties will be to help with grant writing (proven experience required).